SC 20 Telltale placement

Technical discussion of ARC products
DanBerger
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 15 w/ spin!, SC 19

SC 20 Telltale placement

Post by DanBerger »

I don't have telltales on my main for my 20--about how far back from the boltrope should I put them??
havliii
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 19, Modded SC20

Re: SC 20 Telltale placement

Post by havliii »

Missed you at the RRR, I was hoping to see you and get a first look at a top down furler. I have two sets of streamers on my stock main (33' mast) they are near or at the deepest point of draft and about 8 inches in from the leech. I will get some exact measurements this afternoon and post.

Andy
havliii
Professional

Post by havliii »

measurements from my sail.

From the top of the headboard measure down 80 inches; on this horizontal line place two telltales
21.5 inches and 43.5 inches front edge of bolt rope to front edge of streamer (or center of circle sticky)

From the top of the headboard measure down 146 inches; on this horizontal line place two telltales
18.5 inches and 63.5 inches front edge of bolt rope to front edge of streamer (or center of circle sticky)

From the FOOT of the sail measure up 89 inches; on this horizontal line place two telltales
25 inches and 82.5 inches front edge of bolt rope to front edge of streamer (or center of circle sticky)
DanBerger
Professional

Post by DanBerger »

Thanks for taking the time to measure--I really appreciate it!

I almost have the 20 ready to go..
havliii
Professional

Post by havliii »

You're welcome. you keeping this 20 or selling it? maybe we'll get together for a sail sometime. She's a great boat for sailing across the bay on.
DanBerger
Professional

Post by DanBerger »

I am planning on sailing it, but I'm getting a little frustrated with the boat. If someone walked up and made a great offer, I would let it go. I do need a new roof..

It is more of the size of it and moving it around. I'm used to manhandling my 15 so this is a big change. I had a 20 like 10 years ago and forgot how much of a pain it is to manage. On the other hand, I haven't had this one out so I have forgotten how much fun they are. 6 of one, two dozen of the other..

We have been talking about going to the other side of the bay and staying at that hotel near the bridge. Just haven't gotten around to it..
havliii
Professional

Post by havliii »

I cut my beams down to make a 9 foot wide boat, no regrets. Easy to manage, no assembly (other than normal mast stepping), no barber haulers needed, sails like a champ. These heavyweight oldies make great cruise boats, and still carry a good turn of speed but the reality is they will never run with a carbon fiber genaker equipped 2015 rocket ship. Hell, my boat turned 30 this year, who can complain about a 30 y.o. sailboat that will still clock 20+ mph.