folding 22, 27

Technical discussion of ARC products
havliii
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 19, Modded SC20

Re: folding 22, 27

Post by havliii »

J Drew, appreciate the reply. 1.5 x 2 = 3 hrs + 1.5 x 2 = 6 hrs (the second part of the equation is the round trip drive time) My wife will not leave the house before dawn to go sailing. (that's inhumane she says) After chopping 6 hours out of the day, how much sailing can you really do? (add in that de-rigging the boat is always slower than rigging)

I can change the drive time when I fully retire, but I can improve the rigging time immediately.

Rig in under 40 minutes and you got my attention, 1.5-2 hrs, no effin' way am I doing that 30+ times a year. We all have our own limits on what pain we will will endure to go sailing. Rigging pain is not one I will endure. My 20 is fully rigged on the trailer, with only two exceptions, the mast is not stepped and the rudders are not on. Sidestays, trap wires, dock line, flip line, trampoline, emergency bag, everything else stays rigged on the boat, nothing is disconnected from the mast or the boat.

Some folks call me crazy for 'trailer sailing' in the first place, so it may be, but I prefer the change of scenery and the ever changing destinations. It's jus different strokes. Glad to hear your thoughts.
J Drew
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 20

Post by J Drew »

That's doing it myself, if adequate help was involved that time could be reduced.
I've heard that Tom and Matt can do it in about 45 minutes, but they're an exceptional team
Eric2101
Professional
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 15

Post by Eric2101 »

Franklin is still enjoting my ex I see....
Eric Arbogast
Supercat 15