Hooking up shroud extenders on SC20

Technical discussion of ARC products
Trinisailer
Novice
Boat Make/Model: SC 20

Hooking up shroud extenders on SC20

Post by Trinisailer »

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a SC20 with some minor repair works on the both forward bulkheads........ this has now been changed out and
i am now going to strip the boat of the mast and cross members to repaint the hulls. As this time the mast is still up and I am looking
at the shroud extenders and would like to know how they are actually supposed to be connected. at this moment the lever is up but the
shrouds are still heavily tensioned. Can anyone enlighten me with all the parts that should be there and isn't the rigging supposed to be
loose enough so as to right the boat but not loose enough for demasting. I will try to get some pics up soon.

Thanks
Mac M
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC17

Re: Hooking up shroud extenders on SC20

Post by Mac M »

Here is a picture from an old boat I had. The jumper wire is in the wrong spot, I drew an arrow where it should go.
CE0F8D8E-0B61-4290-B8E0-8EC06CC1E887.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trinisailer
Novice
Boat Make/Model: SC 20

Re: Hooking up shroud extenders on SC20

Post by Trinisailer »

Hey Mac M,

Compliments of the season and thanks for the pic. I see what you are showing me in the pic.
Right now the boat didnt come with the original extenders but instead it has the Hyfield quick release extenders
so i wasnt to sure what tension it should be. Due to the age of the boat, i am planning on changing out all the S/S rigging.
I have now finished sending all the part #'s to Tom @ Aquarius and see how i can get things rolling on purchasing the parts.