SC17 parts,manuals, etc?

General Sailing Discussion
dkhoward
Novice

SC17 parts,manuals, etc?

Post by dkhoward »

I have just started restoring a Boston Whaler vintage SC17 and I am in need of copies of any technical information such as manuals, handbooks, diagrams, etc. Especially in need of details of rigging and hardware layout as the former owner pretty much destroyed the original equipment.

THanks

Dennis K. Howard
dkhoward@door.net
Tom Haberman
Expert

Post by Tom Haberman »

Dennis,

We have reprints available of the original manuals as well as a simple illustrated parts manual.
It would be helpful if we knew the model year.
We can also be reached at 651-462-SAIL.

Tom
Sincerely,

Tom Haberman
klipps
Novice

Post by klipps »

Tom,

I am in need of the same. Although everything is rigged and appears original (works very well) - I'd like to have the manual & basic parts manual for future needs.

Have not enjoyed it a lot this year, yet yesterday (Labor Day) was pretty incredile. Just a beginner for certain, yet learning a lot - and really having a lot of fun.

I'll get the year as well.
Kevin Lipps
dkhoward
Novice

Post by dkhoward »

Tom,
One quick quesiton. Do you have the information to determine year model from the hull ID number? If so, could you publish it here or email it to me?

Dennis K. Howard
dkhoward@door.net
dkhoward
Novice

The question still stands

Post by dkhoward »

Does anyone know how to decipher the year of manufacture from the hull numbers and where the hull numbers might be located?
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Post by Matt Haberman »

Dennis,

There should be two different sets of numbers on your boat. One set of numbers are molded into the hull where as the other set is either etched / engraved or on a tag that is affixed to the hull.
The tag that is etched or engraved should start with a three character prefix like "FMS" and then it should be followed by other letters and numbers. On this tag there should be a single Alpha character followed by a two digit number. This two digit number should be the year of production.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com