SC20 roller furler swivel

Technical discussion of ARC products
efinley
Professional

SC20 roller furler swivel

Post by efinley »

I received the new furler swivel and I can already tell it will be a huge improvement over the old one. The problem is that the sheave for the jib halyard and the 2 side plates don't fit in the opening (it is too narrow and the fork is too short to hold the sheave). I am assuming the newer boats have some sort of new system. What pieces am I missing?

The system I have goes like this
mast tang -> pigtail -> swivel -> 2 side plates with sheave in middle for jib halyard -> Forestay connected to other end of side plates.

Thanks,
Eric Finley
SC20 #113
efinley
Professional

Post by efinley »

BTW I should have said that we went sailing over the 4th of July and had a great time. The winds were great and the water was warm. I took lots of fellow fleet members for rides and showed them what it is like to fly a hull 4+ ft in the air! They had a blast. I love this boat! :lol:

-Eric
SC20 #113
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Post by Matt Haberman »

Eric,
There may have been a few different versions of the jib halyard sheave and the one you have is not compatiable with the new RF swivel you purchased. I would call Tom and check with him since your setup sounds correct other then the fact your parts won't fit together.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com