new tramp has arrived

General Sailing Discussion
andrew
Devloping

new tramp has arrived

Post by andrew »

tom thanks, the new tramp for my 20 arrived today along with the pentex sample.just a couple of questions all my other boats have had woven tramps, this style with the open weave seem's that any splashing from the d striker will get cheese grated and turn it to spray at any level of speed. Is this style my only option with the tele set up? My second question is about the sail"s Im about ready to order the max pentex as we disscussed. have you or has any body out their set up a 20 tall rig with a spinaker, a chute,screacher,? I am thinking about setting the boat up with one how would this effect the square top main that we have disscussed? thanks again looking forward to your input. Andrew
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Post by Matt Haberman »

Andrew,

I will take a quick stab at your questions.

1) The net material is the only material we currently use for trampolines.

2) Square top Sail material and design would not change if you decided to add a spinnaker at a later date.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com
Eric2101
Professional
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 15

Tramp material

Post by Eric2101 »

The material is the same on the ARC21. i would consider it pretty dry plus very fast draining and possibly less windage in the pre flip position! (?)

Tom,
would it be wise to take the tension off the tramp between uses to extend the life of the tramp?
Eric 2101
Eric Arbogast
Supercat 15
Tom Haberman
Expert

Post by Tom Haberman »

Eric,

I do not see a need to loosen the trampoljne. The material will stretch some when new, but after you retension it a couple of times it will remain solid. If you relax the lacing you will just start the cycle over again.
I typically tighten my 22 tramp three times a season ( April thru October) and it is not a problem.

We definately recommend a cover of some type. UV will kill just about any material, so cover when not in use and you should have a resonably long service life.
Sincerely,

Tom Haberman
Eric2101
Professional
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 15

Tramp

Post by Eric2101 »

Tom,

Thanx for the reply, the forward tramp arrived today. I am really pleased with the improvements that have been made in both the main and forward tramps.

I am going to try to use the outer webbing from the old tramps to make some covers for the new ones. I am going to remove the old net and replace it with Sunbrella.

Thanx again for the great service.

Eric Arbogast
Eric Arbogast
Supercat 15