New SC19 (almost) owner questions

Technical discussion of ARC products
Jonathan Levine
Hot Shot
Boat Make/Model: SC19, SC20

New SC19 (almost) owner questions

Post by Jonathan Levine »

Hi, all.

I'm in the process of buying the 19 out on Long Island that's been listed on beachcats for a few months. It's turning out to be a bit of a daunting process, as I haven't yet found anyone to haul it west (to Montana) for me - when I bought TriFoiler #23 from Boston a dozen years ago I didn't have nearly this much trouble hitching a ride. At this point I'd be happy to get it as far as Madison to winter at a friend's place, then make the rest of the trip (to Calgary) in the spring. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

In the meantime, can anyone supply me with a manual for this ride? It's apparently a 1983 Boston Whaler, but other than that I have no information on which version. I'd like to get started studying up.

Thanks much.

Jonathan

p.s. I've known vaguely about the SCs since the 80s Multihulls mag ads and articles, but didn't really get interested until getting together with Dave Farmer down on Flathead - he's still nuts about his ARC22 but recently unloaded his SC20 project.
Jonathan Levine
Hot Shot
Boat Make/Model: SC19, SC20

Re: New SC19 (almost) owner questions

Post by Jonathan Levine »

Manual request solved: Found in beachcats file section, along with glossy and price list.

Transportation problem, however, not solved yet. (Yes, I appreciate that it isn't a technical question, so I beg the reader's forgiveness.)