New to me Supercat 19XL

Technical discussion of ARC products
Cleric
Novice
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 19

New to me Supercat 19XL

Post by Cleric »

I am the proud new owner of a SC19XL. I have been a Hobie (16, 17 & 18) and Prindle (16 & 18.2) owner before (still have my H17 actually) and I had been looking to move up to the ranks of the 19'-20' club. After looking at every Prindle 19 and Nacra 5.8/6.0 (and mainly being disappointed) in a 4 hour driving range I stumbled across somebody selling a SC19XL. And the first time up to look at it he even met me a the beach to take me sailing on it. I was impressed with how well the boat sailed and it did not seem to hurt its pointing if we did not have the daggerboards down all the way which is important to me sailing mainly in Sarasota Bay that has lots of shallows to it.

So now that I have bought it comes the fun of going over the boat and fixing the small problems (some small dings and divots in the gel coat) also deciding what of the rigging is to much for me at this time and what do I want to keep or modify. I would love it if someone still has a copy of the owners manual that could be scanned. Just some pointers on what is stock and non-stock on the boat at this time.

Looking forward to getting her out and blasting through some waves this fall! Hoping to have her at the Buzzelli Multihull Rendezvous in Sarasota on Oct. 21-23. Would love to meet up with any other Supercat or ARC owners in the area at the meet or before if they live near Sarasota.

Peter