Installing tramp on SC20??

Technical discussion of ARC products
DanBerger
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 15 w/ spin!, SC 19

Installing tramp on SC20??

Post by DanBerger »

So I have a SC20 with telescoping beams. The tramp is the netting style with wrap around on the front and rear beams. There is also a side lacing strip on the starboard side.

What is the proper procedure to get the thing tight? Can you compress the boat and still keep the tramp on--or partially on?

Here's why I'm asking: I got the tramp into the tracks on the sides, then I loosely laced the side. I then laced the front. That pulled the tramp too far forward which moved the hole for the traveler connect. So, I'm thinking that I should lace the back first to get the hole in the right place, then lace the front. Then, lace the side.

Would I lace the rear just tight enough to keep it even and to locate the hole? In other words, the rear lacing seems to me that it shouldn't be the real tightening or adjusting lacing.

Also, how tight do the netting tramps get? My last 20 had a mesh tramp that was very tight.
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Re: Installing tramp on SC20??

Post by Matt Haberman »

Dan,

I would follow your approach of positioning the rear slot and then snugging the front and rear up enough to take the slack out. Do all your "Final" tightening on the sides. You should be able to tighten the mesh tramp "Drum" tight, however you won't be able to telescope the boat without getting it pretty loose.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com