SC20 Hull repair - filler material

Technical discussion of ARC products
efinley
Professional

SC20 Hull repair - filler material

Post by efinley »

Well to make a long story short 2 years ago I hit a submerged object hard and it drove the dagger board back in the trunk and split the hull along its bottom seam. I repaired this but apparantly I didn't repair a large enough area. While sailing in San Felipe this winter I crushed in the glass and foam just adjacent to my previously repaired area and I have cit away all the damaged glass and foam core.

My plan is to lay some glass in the bottom of the new hole, fill it with some kind of filler and then glass over the top. My question is what do I use to replace the foam that I cut out? Epoxy mixed with fairing filler? Anyone have any better ideas? I need to fill approximately 1/2"x4"x6". I have attached a photo of the damaged area.

BTW I had a blast in San Felipe again this year. I went down with a bunch of my Hobie friends for Mid-Winters West. It is a fun little town and a great place to sail. Even though we can't participate in the racing I recommend anyone nearby attend, it is a lot of fun with a lot of boats.

Thanks for the help.
Eric
SC20 #113
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.