General Sailing Discussion
thommerrill
Professional
Boat Make/Model: ARC22,FMS20,F25c

SF Speedweek

Post by thommerrill »

I just saw this on the FTA site:

SPEED SAILING
San Francisco Speed Sailing Management will launch a new annual sailing event on San Francisco Bay June 15-18, 2006, The San Francisco Speed Sailing Event. Expected to draw windsurfers, kite surfers, skiff sailors as well as mono and multi hull sailors from all over the US, the Event offers
speed sailors a unique opportunity to offically record and document extreme sailing as it exists on a daily basis in one of the best international sailing venues, San Francisco Bay. The concept is simple: to go as fast as you can with your sail powered watercraft, straight line sailing through a
500 metre course (about one third of a mile), racing against the clock and the elements. The San Francisco Speed Sailing Event is open to all sailcraft: catamarans large and small, Olympic and international skiffs, windsurfers, kiteboarders and other types of sailboats. The speed course will be raced in a 'box', marked by bouys and set on central San Francisco Bay, east of the Golden Gate Bridge, and just off the beaches of Crissy Field in the Presidio and the San Francisco Marina Green. Recognizing that the course area is subject to constant tidal action and water movement, the Event has been scheduled to coincide with the strong flood tides of June. Prime conditions are expected in the afternoons when the strong winds and incoming tide combine to produce the flat and fast conditions conducive to speed sailing. Registration is available now online at www.sanfranciscospeed.com.

Having sailed my original FMS 20 and Tornado in SF Bay in June; I would strongly suggest a wet suit...cause you gonna go swimming...
thommerrill
F25c 009 - Charisma
FMS 20 57 - newly faired and painted with Awlgrip -For Sale