Dreaming

General Sailing Discussion
VI Mike
Novice
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 22

Dreaming

Post by VI Mike »

Please if you would be so kind as to allow me to dream a little here.

I was looking out onto the wonderful Charlotte Amalie harbor and speaking with some business associates. I asked them if they ever saw an extreme 40 race or heard about the ishares cup. No. I tried to explain how amazing these big cats are flying hulls and zooming past in close to shore quarters with brands like "Prada, Hilfiger, etc." emblazened on the hulls,sails, etc. What a spectacle and what an amazingly classy way to align your brand to what will become the new "Polo".

SO.......... I was thinking.......... why not RC 30's ? Huge three or four man FAST cats big rigs for big brands! Screaming around top US destinations!!!! St. Thomas Harbor, New York, San Fransisco, Chicago, etc. etc.

Why are the Europeans having all the fun?

How much does an RC 30 cost? I think the ishares is doing well, with that model why can't we get an ESPN style show together and GO!

I think I would cry if I got to see four or six or more RC30's zooming around cans in close! Guys and girls trapping out just screaming! I think it would be cooler since the act of trapping out adds a little more difficulty to the show :) Not something the 40's do

Thoughts?

Mike
BugTussel
Hot Shot
Boat Make/Model: 82 Supercat 17

Re: Dreaming

Post by BugTussel »

i like it! i wish there was more sailing coverage in the states!
Eric2101
Professional
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 15

Post by Eric2101 »

BugTussel wrote:i like it! i wish there was more sailing coverage in the states!
Great idea. all you need is a few million bucks to bankroll the project.
Eric Arbogast
Supercat 15
BugTussel
Hot Shot
Boat Make/Model: 82 Supercat 17

Post by BugTussel »

thats the truth