Cabin Fever

General Sailing Discussion
Mike
Hot Shot

Cabin Fever

Post by Mike »

Well its a nice sunny day here in Fort Walton Beach and we will be getting 2 ARC 22s on the water today. Jim Moody will be taking his new boat on her maiden voyage with Mike Williams as crew and I will be on Carbon Copy with Randy. its about 70 degrees with an easterly about 7 knots , seabreeze will fill in this afternoon and away we go.

Dont you wish you were here???

Mike Kelley
Glen Marsh
Devloping

Cabin Fever

Post by Glen Marsh »

I'll let you know when I get back from Aruba Fri.
Glen Marsh
thommerrill
Professional
Boat Make/Model: ARC22,FMS20,F25c

Post by thommerrill »

Hey guys-

Its about 65F in Dallas. I called everyone I know but no crew here means no sailing. The lake is down and the beach is a mix of broken glass, torn metal, fish hooks, 1-2" gravel, mud and the wind is going to the northwest [expecting 15-25mph with gusts]. I cover the area where I launch/beach with indoor rubber padded carpet to protect the hulls but after looking at the area today I won't be sailing here anytime soon on my 22 or 20. Its time to put the F25c in the water.

You could say yes I would like to be there...

Mike are you sailing with Smyth??
thommerrill
F25c 009 - Charisma
FMS 20 57 - newly faired and painted with Awlgrip -For Sale
Mike
Hot Shot

Post by Mike »

Hey Thom,
We had a really great day on the water . Warmer than I thought it would be . Sailed out into the bay , thru the Destin Pass and into the Guld where it was flat and beautiful. Popped the chutes and ran back to Destin , hit the beach for awhile. then off to The Boathouse for some gumbo and cold brews. Had a late afternon sail back to the Yacht Club , put the boat away and called it a day. And yes I had Randy the sailmaker Smyth with me so I could give him a few pointers.....haha. Geez you should see our beach to launch from at the club, sounds like yours is pretty tough.

Good sailing,
Mike
thommerrill
Professional
Boat Make/Model: ARC22,FMS20,F25c

Post by thommerrill »

If you're talking about FWBYC I've been there a few times during the Nationals. A bit crowded dry storage when I was there but nice. Excellent Caesar salad and cheese burgers.

Actually my beach is all grass when the lake is at near normal levels but now it sucks at best.

thom
thommerrill
F25c 009 - Charisma
FMS 20 57 - newly faired and painted with Awlgrip -For Sale