Re: into the mist...........

Post by Kevin Keller »

Great picture.
Mac M
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC17

Post by Mac M »

Go there often? It's not too terribly far from me. Might could meet up there with one of my SC 's sometime.
lvaught
Novice
Boat Make/Model: SC17, SC20

Post by lvaught »

Havliii,

After many years away from sailing (due to having kids) I'm about to make a return... I have both a SC17 and SC20. We are due to complete construction on a house on Kerr lake in late November (just below Henderson point). Hopefully we can meet up on the lake in the spring. I just bought the SC20 in the spring and haven't had a chance to take it out. I had a SC20 back 20 years ago, but it was too much excitement for me and the Mrs.. With my larger family I determined we needed a SC20. I suspect most of my time will be spent solo on the 17 (I've had it since mid 80's)..... Glad to see other SC's are on Kerr lake.

Larry Vaught.
havliii
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 19, Modded SC20

Post by havliii »

Mac M wrote:Go there often? It's not too terribly far from me. Might could meet up there with one of my SC 's sometime.
Mac, we hit Kerr two to three times a year for 4 days (Friday through Monday) our group of water lovers has catamarans, single sculls, kayaks, canoes, kites, sailboards, SUP's etc.... as long as your water toys are 'gas free' you are welcome to join the festivities. We choose one of the recreation areas and book adjacent campsites, typically 5 sites or more. The sites are luxurious with electricity, water taps, sand beaches and direct access to the water, the water front sites go fast and will often book 8 months in advance. We have never ever had a 'bad' day at Kerr. The sailing is fantastic and if it doesn't blow we do one of the alternates.
lvaught wrote: Hopefully we can meet up on the lake in the spring. I just bought the SC20 in the spring and haven't had a chance to take it out. Glad to see other SC's are on Kerr lake.

Larry, definitely we will sail Kerr together. I will post our next trip with plenty of notice. We have to plan well in advance to get the prime lake front campsites. (see above answer) My 20 is cut down to 9 feet on the beam to trailer it. (standard mast) If Mac brings his SC20 we'll have THREE SC20's sailing TOGETHER for probably the first time in 20 years.

Stay tuned, we'll make this happen.

Andy
Mac M
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC17

Post by Mac M »

If it's a multiple day thing I'd be bring the 20. It's about to go down for a redo, just found my bridal tangs are loose so it's time for new bulkheads.
SC15Av8or
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC15 / SC19

Post by SC15Av8or »

Great Pic Commodore !!! Are some of these folks on our Yahoo Group ?? If not lets get them there. The fleet would then cover all from 15-20 !!! Roberts would be proud of us !!
Lifes 2 short for cheap GROG
SuperCat 15/19Av8or