newly done SC17 pics

Technical discussion of ARC products
jjd78
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC17, 1-SC15, 3-SC17 and SC19

newly done SC17 pics

Post by jjd78 »

i just finished redoing the hulls on a 17 got it down on teh beach and she looks great..... on her first sail in almost 7 years after sitting in this guys back yard in LA. i raced her with a friend at the Version 2.5 (old low rent) and came in 2nd place overall and 3rd boat back to the beach..... beating out an F18 boat for boat...... sweet......... might have to get new sails to make her faster....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
efinley
Professional

Post by efinley »

She looks great! Can you describe what you did to the hulls? What did you paint them with? How many hours did it take? I am still hoping to do something like this to my boat this winter.

Eric
SC20 #113
jjd78
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC17, 1-SC15, 3-SC17 and SC19

Post by jjd78 »

when i bought the boat the hulls were in great shape besides a few small holes so i filled those and faired them out.... then i boat 2 gallons of gelcoat.... and sprayed about 4 coats on each hull... mind you i sanded the whole hulls down with 320 grit before spraying.... after spraying and drying i wet sanded with 320, 400, 600 and finished with rubbing compound and highspeed polish...... took around 40 hours but well worth it......