Supercat in Hawaii??

General Sailing Discussion
DanBerger
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 15 w/ spin!, SC 19

Supercat in Hawaii??

Post by DanBerger »

I vacationed in Hawaii two years ago and stayed in a house on Kaneohe bay between the Gilligan's Island set and the base. There was a Supercat (20??) moored below us and I was wondering who's it was--Kevin??

we rented a pontoon boat from the base and went out to sit on that sand bar in the middle of the bay. Pretty cool afternoon, but a guy with a really nice Prindle 18-2 showed up and wouldn't take me sailing! He used the boat to store all the stuff for his family and wouldn't sail it. What a bummer.
Kevin Keller
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC-20, ARC22

Re: Supercat in Hawaii??

Post by Kevin Keller »

No, that was not mine. I only found out about that one last year, I thought mine was the only one left on the island. I guess the owner was on the mainland and had a friend come down and clean it up a little and take it sailing. I had never seen it prior to that but I guess it had been moored for years. He said there was tons of growth on the hulls.

So I was shocked one day to see another SC20 out sailing while I was out. We circled each other a few times and I finally got his number but we only played phone tag. That was the only time I have seen it.

I pull mine out of the water and keep it at a Kokokahi. We rent some land from the YWCA and pull them up onto the grass. There are about 75 cats in the club. Too bad you didn't email me, if I couldn't take you out I know others that would.

Kevin
DanBerger
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 15 w/ spin!, SC 19

Post by DanBerger »

That's a lot of boats in one area! What about the guy selling a Supercat 15 on Craigs in Hawaii? That would be a good one to get.

I wish I would have done more research on catching a ride when I was there, but I was with a bunch of surfers and I would have lost out in the what-do-we-do-today game. I don't surf.
Kevin Keller
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC-20, ARC22

Post by Kevin Keller »

I did see that SC15. Would be nice if I had the time and place to keep it but I have my hands full.

Keep me in mind if you come back.

Kevin