Buzzelli Multihull Regatta- next weekend

General Sailing Discussion
Cleric
Novice
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 19

Buzzelli Multihull Regatta- next weekend

Post by Cleric »

Just wanted to know if there was any other SC/ARC/RC boats that would be in attendance. When I called to register they got completely thrown when I told them I had a SC19, could not find the rating for it so I told them I was fine with them just using the #'s for a 20 with a 33' mast. I am not super concerned at this time since this is the first racing I will be doing :) Just want to finish!

Post up if you are coming down to Sarasota for the regatta so I can try and hookup with any other SC/ARC/RC sailors. Thanks!

Peter
SC19XL
jjd78
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC17, 1-SC15, 3-SC17 and SC19

Re: Buzzelli Multihull Regatta- next weekend

Post by jjd78 »

your boat does have a portsmouth number...

SuperCat 19X & 19XL SC19X 66.5 72.1 68.6 66.5 61.2

i got that from the inactive class..

http://offshore.ussailing.org/Portsmout ... active.htm
Cleric
Novice
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 19

Re: Buzzelli Multihull Regatta- next weekend

Post by Cleric »

Thanks! I did not say that it didn't have a number just that she could not find it at the time :) now I can give her the rating

Had her out today on Sarasota Bay and boy do I wish i had taken my camera for some pics or video. Three of us were out and we had to furl the jib because it was gusting up to 30 out in the middle of the bay. Had a blast and maxed out at 18 mph with them and just the main.

Went out a little later when the wind was a little more consistent and only gusting to around 20 with just 2 of us and had a blast out on the trapeze until we took a big gust and even though we let out the mainsheet we went over. This was our first capsize with the boat and we found that with the righting line and the two of us hanging out to get leverage it did not take much to pop the boat back up. Overall a great day out on the water and always good to learn something new and not pay a price for it.