Anyone sail San Deigo CA?

General Sailing Discussion
GeneHacker
Hot Shot
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 20

Anyone sail San Deigo CA?

Post by GeneHacker »

I would like to take my SuperCat 20 to San Diego for a few days and its a bit of operation to rig so I would love to keep it rigged overnight if possible. Anyone know of if there is anywhere that it is legal (or unenforced) to keep a cat overnight. I know the beach lock up bars on mission bay say that unauthorized boats will be seized. I did once see a cat next to one the lock up areas that was not permitted and there was no issue. Anyhow...just seeing if anyone has experience or insight. Thanks
Kevin Keller
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC-20, ARC22

Re: Anyone sail San Deigo CA?

Post by Kevin Keller »

When are you going to be there? I'll be there from 11/22-12/2.

Kevin
GeneHacker
Hot Shot

Post by GeneHacker »

We are going over Christmas time. We rented a house for the week. That would have been great to meet up if we were both there at the same time.
jjd78
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC17, 1-SC15, 3-SC17 and SC19

Post by jjd78 »

The last time I was out in San Diego you had to rent a storage spot to keep your boat rigged up. Best call around to see if you can find somewhere
GeneHacker
Hot Shot

Post by GeneHacker »

Was the storage on the beach, or mast up storage near a ramp? Was it on Mission bay or San Digeo Bay?
Laz
Devloping
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 15

Post by Laz »

I hope you're headed for San Diego Harbor, as you'll do Mission Bay (Sail Bay) in about 5 minutes end-to-end. And there is nothing like sailing in the lee of an aircraft carrier...

I've rented a sloop out of a marina on Harbor Island. Or perhaps a friendly inquiry to one of the yacht clubs will pay off.
"Sonja" - SC15, Havre de Grace MD (top of the Chesapeake).
GeneHacker
Hot Shot

Post by GeneHacker »

I have little kids who love the parks/playgrounds at Mission bay so that is our first choice but I do find SD bay more interesting.