Fastest Cat Around

General Sailing Discussion
Bill Roberts
Expert

Fastest Cat Around

Post by Bill Roberts »

Hey Guys,
I'm disappointed that noone stepped into the Catsailor thread that was discussing, "there's nothing faster than the Tornado". For many years now, roughly 25, the SC20TR has been rated faster than the Tornado. Back in the 1980s the Tornado was rated at 64. The SC20 was rated at 64 and the SC20TR at 62. Noone spoke up and pointed this out.
Then in 1992 the ARC22 comes along which is all SC20TR components, rig, sails, boards, rudders, tramp, beams, etc, with 2ft longer hulls made from SC20 hulls and this boat with spinnaker is rated at 57.1, 1.9 percentage points, faster that the Tornado Sport at 59. The ARC22 does not have the advantage of of having the best sailmakers in the world competiting for the sail business and we don't have rock star sailors sailing our boats; ---or maybe we do. I guess that's why our PN is lower that the Tornado's. Again noone spoke up.
What's up guys?
Bill
Mike
Hot Shot

Who knew?

Post by Mike »

Hey Bill I agree with all your points and am only sorry that I missed the Tornado post on cat Sailor. Had I known it was there I would have definitely voiced the facts for all to see.

On a different note I have a new set of sails and should be getting them tuned up real soon. Hope you can make RTI this year......barring any hurricanes!!!!

Mike Kelley