A New Owner of an Old Supercat 17

General Sailing Discussion
SailorRory
Novice

A New Owner of an Old Supercat 17

Post by SailorRory »

I just purchased a 1981 Supercat 17, my first catamaran and the fulfillment of a long-held dream of owning a Supercat since I first saw one nearly 30 years ago.

Now with that said, what in the world am I going to do? All kidding aside, I have seen some good information on this site and I assume that the numbers to order manuals and parts are all still good. Any other advice will be welcome, and if there is anyone with a Supercat in Virginia or NC, drop me a note.

Thanks
SailorRory
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Post by Matt Haberman »

SailorRory,

Congratulations on your boat!
All of the parts and manuals for your boat are available from Aquarius Sail. You can contact us via email at sales@aquarius-sail.com or via telephone at 651-462-SAIL.
If you have any questions about the boat please feel free to post them here on the forums and we will do our best to answer them for you.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com
DanBerger
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 15 w/ spin!, SC 19

SCs in VA

Post by DanBerger »

I'm in Va Beach and I have a SC19 and a SC20TR. There are a few 17s around, too.

The factory is the best place for spare parts, but there is also a SC fleet Fleet 15) near Annapolis. You'll have to hunt them down on line, but there is someone in the fleet that has a bunch of parts. You can contact Roger at 410.268.2725.

Sailingproshop.com also has some used steering parts and maybe some sails.

Dan
757-589-6920