Rock & Roll Regatta

General Sailing Discussion
Peter Kirschhoffer
Novice
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 15

Rock & Roll Regatta

Post by Peter Kirschhoffer »

On September 24-25th, CRAW, (Cat Racing Association of Wisconsin), will be hosting their annual Rock & Roll Regatta. This event will take place on Rock Lake in the town of Lake Mills, near Madison, WI. I am excited about this event because I live in Lake Mills and sail my SC 15 on Rock Lake. I haven’t raced in quite a while, but am looking forward to participating.

Last year, CRAW attracted over 20 boats to this regatta. It was a big success, so they expect many sailors to return. This year, the race will also be the Area K Qualifier for the Alter Cup, so they are expecting even more entries.

This regatta & the CRAW group are mostly Nacra sailors with a few Prindle & Hobie’s. My 15 may be the lone SC in the group. I would love to see some other ARC, RC or SC boats in the lineup. So, this is an invitation to you sailors in MN, WI & IL, who would like to come to Lake Mills join me in this regatta.

Check out the link to the CRAW web site located on the Aquarius Sail, Inc. sailing links page. Look for the **2005 Regatta Schedule & Results and Pictures** link on their site. There you will find the regatta information & maps.

I hope to see you in September.

Peter
Eric2101
Professional
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 15

Post by Eric2101 »

Peter,

I wish i could get up there, I have some family in the neighborhood that you may have heard of, it is just too far to drive from Miami. My wifes sister is Susan Dreyfus ( the Red Vested Governor), daughter in law of the former governer. We get to Waukeshau once in a while, usually while it is too cold to sail.

We are leaving tomorrow for Branson, MO, may take a drive to WI, but I hope not. Good luck with the race.

Eric Arbogast
ARC21
Florida
Eric Arbogast
Supercat 15