new style beam clamp's

Technical discussion of ARC products
andrew
Devloping

new style beam clamp's

Post by andrew »

matt or tom could you tell me a little more about the new style beam clamp's for the sc 20 tele set up.are they available now. or in the short future.in both 4 inch,and 4.5 inch. and what is the glass thickness around the 4. inch beam pocket. would like to go to a fixed beam with a 4.5 tube with out a shim. is there enough glass to take it out 1'2 inch ? is there a better solution i can't seem to get any feed back on this.. thank's for any advise andrew
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Post by Matt Haberman »

Andrew,

Beam Straps: When you refer to "new style" are you talking about the design that is currently used on the ARC-22?

Beam Saddle: There is not enough material in the saddle to remove the 1/4" of fiberglass you are talking about. If I am not mistaken most of the guys who have converted the old 20's to fixed beam have used a 4" diameter aluminum tube and then placed a piece of 4" PVC pipe over the one end for a fit in the 4.5" beam saddle.

Edit: If you are going to do a one piece 4" diameter main beam, the wall thickness is 1/8" (.125). I would also consider using the stainless Steel dolphin striker strap from the ARC 22 instead of cutting the large slot in the bottom of the tube for the cable.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com