SC-15 Tramp and mainsheet traveler

Technical discussion of ARC products
SailorRory
Novice

SC-15 Tramp and mainsheet traveler

Post by SailorRory »

I am finally finishing up a complete rebuild of a SC-15. This boat has a track for a mainsheet traveler with a car that ran across the aft beam. I see that most travelers on the SC 17 are wire travelers, should I switch systems or find a new car for the old system.

Second, I am having trouble with the installation of the tramp. Does anyone have a set of pictures of the tramp and how it is configured on the boat?

I appreciate any help, thanks

Rory

Tom, with Aquarius Sail has been working with me on the tramp issue, thanks Tom, but always nice to hear from others as well
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Post by Matt Haberman »

Rory,

The cable travler was the original design on the Supercat product line. In about 1983 the cable travler was replaced with the Harken traveler track & car which is what you have if I am not mistaken. I would stick with what you have on your boat and either replace the bearings or car if necessary.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com
DanBerger
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 15 w/ spin!, SC 19

Post by DanBerger »

I would keep the Harken track traveler and stay away from the wire traveler. I've been on a 17 with the wire traveler and I just don't like it.

When are you going to bring that thing to Va Beach?? We are slowly building a Supercat fleet here and have some fun distance races coming up!!