sc 20 spin pole set up photo"s

Technical discussion of ARC products
andrew
Devloping

sc 20 spin pole set up photo"s

Post by andrew »

can somebody post some photos of a sc 20 with a spinaker set up looking to set up my 20 with a chute. looking for close up photos so i can get an idea of what the set up looks like. thanks any help will be appreciated.
Eric2101
Professional
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 15

spin pole set up

Post by Eric2101 »

Try posting on Catsailor.com under the Delray Beach area. Cyberspeed has a new spin set up he may be able to help you with.
Eric Arbogast
Supercat 15
SC20 808
Novice

SC 20 with Tornado spin & snuffer

Post by SC20 808 »

Hi,

it probably depends how you want to use the spin and what size of spin you will use.

I do not know the products ARC is offering so all my comments are related to what you find on other classes. Probaly the best is to check with ARC first as their products will probably fit best.

I am using 2nd Tornado spins which are quite affordable and quite nice in medium and stronger winds. In lighter wind you might would like to have a bigger spin so.

But they work well with a snuffer system, which you can also use from the Tornado. I think the AHPC metall ring and chute is still the most reasonable priced.

I am using the somehow old fashioned one line setup. If you intend racing around the marks, the current F18 setup with seperating forward pull line and rising line is surely the quicker system, specially when the forward pull line is pull already from the trapeze while still approaching the mark upwind.

The one line system is really that only one line runs over the tramp before becoming the retreaver line. I like it for singlehanded sailing.

I am using a Tornado selftacking jib too. Compression strut etc. is all selfmade.

Hope pics helps. Again check with ARC first, that might safe a lot of time.
Anyhow good luck! The SC20 runs nicely with a kite and the tendency to dig the bows in a blow dissapears as the kite lift the bows!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.