Fun Photos from SC 17 Owners

General Sailing Discussion
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Fun Photos from SC 17 Owners

Post by Matt Haberman »

Here are a couple of fun photos sent to us from a few SC-17 owners.

A little background:

Speeding Ticket:
I should explain a little more to avoid seeming like a dangerous boater. We launched off the beach and sailed a beam wind on Lake Ontario for awhile. I tried to outrun a storm coming from the west. I have a very healthy respect for lightning so we got to the jettie and made a few passes until the channel was clear and hauled in raising a hull and the attention of the sheriff boat who was watching the jet ski crowd. At no time did we place our vessel at risk or any other boat. My choice was to avoid getting zapped or drifting into the rock jettie. After they followed us into the bay and shouted for us to "drop your sail" we accepted the citation and headed for the boat ramp to sit out the storm in the car. Pleaded innocent and never heard about it again.
Jim Kennedy
Tubing Fun:
I thought you might enjoy this picture – I’m at the helm, towing 4 kids and we are smoking along, much to the surprise of other inner tubers on the lake. This is at Cowichan Lake on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.
Sincerely,
Dave Attwell
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com