SC 19 Trailer

Technical discussion of ARC products
TopSpin80
Devloping
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 19

SC 19 Trailer

Post by TopSpin80 »

I am done for the winter and pulling the boat apart for some much needed TLC. We may end up building a custom trailer and wondering how the boat would handle being trailered while supported by the crossbars. The new trailer may be putting the boat on partially on above a pop-up type camper mounted on a long trailer with more water toys under the boat.

Thanks,
Ernie
trailer002 (Small).jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Re: SC 19 Trailer

Post by Matt Haberman »

TopSpin80 wrote:I am done for the winter and pulling the boat apart for some much needed TLC. We may end up building a custom trailer and wondering how the boat would handle being trailered while supported by the crossbars. The new trailer may be putting the boat on partially on above a pop-up type camper mounted on a long trailer with more water toys under the boat.

Thanks,
Ernie
trailer002 (Small).jpg

Ernie,

The beams should be fine as long as you make a nice cradle to hold the beam, ie: done just set it on a flat beam. Back in the 90's there was a group of guys in Wisconsin that hauled all of their boats this way and I don't think they had any trouble.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com
DanBerger
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 15 w/ spin!, SC 19

Post by DanBerger »

The hulls are tough enough that you should be able to use cradles. Using a beam mounted system is kind of a pain.

For my Supercat, I have Hobie 20 rear cradles that are on axles. The front cradles are the Murrays 'V' shaped ones. It is a very nice fit and the boat not only travels well, but it goes on and off the trailer very easily.

On the other hand, I have my A cat on beams on its trailer. The typical A cat set up has two carpeted boards going lengthwise on the trailer (mounted about 3 feet up on posts). You slide the boat on the beams and then tie it down. It is easy for A's because they are so light. The 19 might be a little tough to slide. I used the same Hobie 20 cradles on that trailer and cut an angle out of the tops of the rear beams so the boat slides on and you don't have to pick it up all the way to get it on the beams.
SC15Av8or
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC15 / SC19

Post by SC15Av8or »

Dan what kind of camper are you looking at ?!?! We are just getting into our winter projects here and got the SC19 taken down and in craddles. Going to repair all the mis-repairs. Any suggestions on painting the hulls ?!!
Lifes 2 short for cheap GROG
SuperCat 15/19Av8or
SC15Av8or
Professional

Post by SC15Av8or »

Ernie....

Saw your posts on youtube. Where abouts in Texas are you at ?? I just had a buddy pickup a SC19 up in the Dallas area. He'd like to meet other SC19 drivers that way. Other wise he has to come out here to the East Coast to sail with the RnBCYC.
SuperCat 15/19Av8or
TopSpin80
Devloping
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 19

Post by TopSpin80 »

We are in Richmond just west Houston, but sail at the Texas City dike http://www.TCDYC.com and Galveston.

Ernie
SC15Av8or
Professional

Post by SC15Av8or »

TopSpin80 wrote:We are in Richmond just west Houston, but sail at the Texas City dike http://www.TCDYC.com and Galveston.

Ernie
Thats funny Ernie. I am in Richmond, Virginia. I am from down there and my folks live on the east side on Lake Houston. I'd enjoy being rail meet when i am down there if you are ever looking for any ??
SuperCat 15/19Av8or