Self tacking jib

Technical discussion of ARC products
funforsail
Novice
Boat Make/Model: Supercat 15

Self tacking jib

Post by funforsail »

Hi guys,
I have a 1982 supercat 15 and its an awesome boat. I sailed it about every day this summer over the winter i was looking to do some upgrades. First on my list is to get a harken traveler. Is there a specific one made for the 15 or will any do if I buy it from Murray's Marine. I know I am going to get the tramp sent away to be redone for the new style. I already have the tracks for the beams to. Another thing is I sailed mainly unirigged because I am fairly light when i brought crew and rigged the jib it destroyed my ability to point. I know that when you do rig a jib on any boat it hurts your ability to point but could this be because it is old and it is a furling jib with the partial battens? I'm also wondering is the self tacking jib worth the upgrade or should i just buy the fully battened jib
Thanks,
Mike
whalerman
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC 17, SC 15

Re: Self tacking jib

Post by whalerman »

I lust after a self tacking job and a spin . I think they both require a pole, so I'm not sure how to rig one. This was supposed to be a winter project, but ....

I don't have a problem pointing with the roller furled Jib if I keep the weight forward.