Kerr Lake NC

General Sailing Discussion
havliii
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 19, Modded SC20

Kerr Lake NC

Post by havliii »

June 6,7,8,9

I will be camping and sailing at Kerr Lake NC. The campsites are all waterfront with sandy beaches. It is is 'mast up' 'get on and go' sailing for four straight days. We camp at Kimball Point Campgrounds, typically 3-6 catamarans, 4-5 kayaks, 8-10 rowers, few canoes, some SUP's, boardsailors, etc........

Takes about a week to recover, join us if you can......
We have 5 campsites reserved and some sites are still available.

Andy
Mac M
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SC17

Re: Kerr Lake NC

Post by Mac M »

Thanks for the heads up. We will be doing The Duck Cup distance race in the Outer Banks of NC that weekend.
lvaught
Novice
Boat Make/Model: SC17, SC20

Post by lvaught »

I just returned from Kerr Lake, lake level is very high (306'). Not sure of the elevation of your campsight, but I expect many low-level sites will be underwater (at Hibernia, Henderson pt). Might want to call to ensure sites are dry. I hope to have my '17 out (first time in 10 years). I am across the lake from Kimball , I will sail over if wind permits.
lvaught
Novice
Boat Make/Model: SC17, SC20

Post by lvaught »

I just noticed your schedule, I was thinking you were going to be at Kerr this weekend.....by June 6th the water is likely to be lowered......
havliii
Professional
Boat Make/Model: SuperCat 19, Modded SC20

Post by havliii »

Awesomeness at Kerr Lake!!!

Sailed 1 session Friday, 4 sessions Saturday (including a MOONLIGHT SAIL Saturday night 10:45-12:00), sailed pretty much non-stop on Sunday (8am-6pm) with one break for lunch, three up, double trapped, fire hose conditions, sailed one session Monday to get the boat back to the marina and load-up. Arms are fried, face is windburnt................ grin is PERMANENT!!!!