Suncoast Multihull Rendezvous

General Sailing Discussion
TonyD
Novice

Suncoast Multihull Rendezvous

Post by TonyD »

The Stiletto Nationals this year will be expanded to the Suncoast Multihull Rendezvous to include other multihulls to participate in this 3 day racing event. It usually has 2 days of round-the-buoy races (2-3 per day) and one long distance race. It is a fun event which historically has been mostly Stiletto catamarans that are local to that area as well as others traveling from out of the state. This year they hope to draw more multihulls, including F-boats, RCs, Supercats, etc. The dates are Oct 19, 20, and 21 and will be held at the Sarasota Sailing Squadron located in Sarasota, FL. The NOR has not yet been posted, but I wanted to get the dates out for everyone as soon as possible. I will post updates to this forum as I receive them. Rob and I (RC-27 "Daddio") plan to be there. Hope others can make the trip and make this a great event!

Links
Sarasota Sailing Squadron: http://www.sarasotasailingsquad.com/
Stiletto Catamarans Site: http://www.stilettocatamarans.com/nationals.htm (Still shows last year info)
Google Map of Sarasota Sailing Squadron: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... loc=A&om=1
TonyD
Novice

Notice of Race

Post by TonyD »

I've attached the NOR for the Suncoast Multihull Rendezvous. The Stiletto catamarans will be racing Friday - Sun, all other cats will race on Sat & Sun. However, they are willing to allow any non-Stiletto cats to do a practice race on Friday. Racing will include both round-the-bouy and long distance. Again, the dates are Oct 19-21. If you have any questions, please contact Nana Bosman at 734.320.9636 or via email at nanab@umich.edu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TonyD
Novice

Practice race on Friday for non-Stiletto multihulls

Post by TonyD »

We can do a long distance practice race on Friday if anyone is interested.

--------------------------------
Hi Tony,

Yes, come on out and sail on Friday. The more boats the merrier.

We’ll be racing down to the Venice inlet, regroup and race back to the Squadron.

Not sure if I can add it to the NOR since it’s so widely distributed. Let’s just keep it informal.

It’s posted.

Fair Winds,

Nana Bosma
TonyD
Novice

Slightly updated NOR

Post by TonyD »

see attached...

I take it from the lack of responses that no one is really interested in this event???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
efinley
Professional

Post by efinley »

I'm interested but it is a looooong drive from CA. :(
Skip Kaub
Novice

if I want to join in without a boat is that possible?

Post by Skip Kaub »

I have been sailing cats for a few years and have a ARC22 three SC17s and 2 hobie 16s and a getaway.

I just need some race experience. I am 5' 11" 175 lbs and in good shape so I would not be slowing others down.

Skip Kaub