ARC22 rigging/ setup questions

Technical discussion of ARC products
jamespompi
Novice
Boat Make/Model: ARC-22

ARC22 rigging/ setup questions

Post by jamespompi »

Hello everyone,

Hopefully theres still a few people on this forum that can help me with some of my questions. I recently picked up an ARC-22 and am working on getting it set up. Is there a PDF copy out there of the set up guide? Also in the attached pic can somebody explain where the trapeze wires mount? Does the forestay and shrouds all attach to the shackle shown? Should the spin halyard be on a block at the top and do both ends of the line run under the hoop guide?
IMG_0388.jpg
Thanks,

James Pompi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Matt Haberman
Administrator

Re: ARC22 rigging/ setup questions

Post by Matt Haberman »

Hi James,

Regarding the manual, contact Tom Haberman via email at sales@aquarius-sail.com and he can get you the correct manual for your boat. It may be helpful if you can provide him with the serial number as well.

Regarding your other questions:
  • Yes, the Forestay and Side Stays attach to the large shackle shown in your photograph
  • The Trapeze wires attach to the smaller hole above that large shackle. They are attached with a small bow shackle that has a 1/4" dia pin
  • On the spinaker rig, typically what we did was attach a high load block to a short pendant of rope. The rope was tied (bowline) to the upper spinnaker hounds and then run under hoop/bail. The length was adjusted to position the block just below the hoop/bail. Hope that makes sense.
Matt Haberman
Aquarius Sail Inc.
http://www.aquarius-sail.com
jamespompi
Novice
Boat Make/Model: ARC-22

Re: ARC22 rigging/ setup questions

Post by jamespompi »

Thanks for the reply Matt, that makes sense. I talked with Tom the other day about some replacement parts so i'll see if he can get the manual for me as well.

-James